Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello World, this is my blog

Does anyone really care what I have to say? Probably not (with the exception of my family & a few of my closest friends). The next question then is why start a blog? I don’t really have a good answer for that one except for the fact that I LOVE to talk & usally have a lot to say so why not? I am also living in a foreign country, away from my extended family & friends, so maybe this will help them keep up with what’s going on in my life (as if I don’t facebook enough for them to already do that hahaha). 

So, I guess I should start by telling you a little about myself (let’s just ASSUME more people than my family & friends who already know me may actually read this….I doubt it but just in case, LOL. I am 32 years old, very happily married, and the mother of 2 awesome kids. My husband is in the Army & we are stationed in Germany until October 2012. He is currently deployed to Afghanistan for a year so right now it’s just me & the kiddos on our own. We didn’t join the Army until March 2009, after being married & living a “normal” life together for years, so this has been a huge adjustment for all of us. Never imagined I’d be moving to a whole different country so that in itself has been an adventure. I miss my family & friends back home like crazy but I’m making the most of the experience & enjoying seeing places I never even thought possible in my wildest dreams! The hardest part is being without my husband so much. Even before the deployment, he had long hours & lots of training in the field, and this has been a way harder experience than I even thought it would be (and believe me, I never though it would be easy!). The good part of that is it has made me appreciate him so much more than I already did & the good times together are just that much sweeter.
I work from home as a medical transcriptionist. I’ve been doing this since I was 18 years old & in a lot of ways it has been a blessing to me & in a lot of other ways, not so much! That’s a whole different topic in itself so I’m sure you’ll be reading more about it

I also couldn’t tell you who I am without telling you about my parents. I have the greatest parents in the world….yes, yes, I know you’ve heard people say that before but nope, they just THOUGHT theirs were the best when actually mine are!!! :) They made me who I am today & I thank them so much for loving me & teaching me what unconditional love really is. I’m not perfect by any means, and even at this age I’m still working on trying to be the person I want to be. My philosophy on life is that there are no mistakes, just lessons! When I look back on my life, I honestly wouldn’t change a thing.

I am very random so my blogs will probably be all over the place….one day I may talk about the Army life & the struggles that come with it & the next day I may write about vacations or places I’ve visited and my adventures in a foreign country. I’m also known to be pretty opinionated so there will be some blogs about hot topics & probably a few rants thrown in there. Oh, and I’ll go ahead and apologize beforehand about my multiple blogs whining about how much I miss my husband! You’re likely to hear about my job, my everyday issues, & good times with my friends. Most of all, I’m sure you’ll read plenty of entries about my husband & kids because family is the absolute most important thing in the world to me!   No matter what you’ve done for yourself or for humanity, if you can’t look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished? — Elbert Hubbard

2 comments:

  1. girl i loved it. lol.. great job cnt wait to do mine. and you better read it also.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo Sad, But i love ya Still. You have to much time on your hands

    ReplyDelete